How to Remove MegaBackup from Mac – MegaBackup Uninstallation Ways
Trouble to remove MegaBackup on your Mac? It may be a gripe for many of the app users, so which way is working for removing the app from the Mac? The following content will offer you the best answer.
About MegaBackup for Mac
MegaBackup is a back up tool for Mac that allows people to save and archive their files like photos, documents, and pictures in the cloud, and they can access them at any time on any where with their own MEGA.CO.NZ account.
Upon installation, it will not only create the necessary components on the Library and Applications folder, but also adding login items on the System Preferences option, as well as changing the settings on your installed web browser. That’s to say, MegaBackup’s related files exist on many locations on the Mac, which becomes a big challenge for people to remove all of them when they need to delete this application.
What are the traditional way to remove MegaBackup?
What’s the way you know to remove an app on Mac? It is for sure that many people will firstly choose to drag the app to the Trash, which is the traditional removing way on OS X. To remove MegaBackup in this way, people usually take the following removing steps:
- Quit the application running on Mac
- Click Go – Applications – select MegaBackup’s icon
- Drag the icon to the Trash, right-click on the Trash and select to empty it
Previously, many people thought that MegaBackup just can be removed well via these steps, but the fact is that it is not the end of the MegaBackup removal, they start to encounter some problems to complete the app removal on Mac.
Problems of this typical removal and how to fix it
In most of time, manually removing the program to the Trash is not 100% get rid of it on the Mac, because many associated file and traces still exist on the computer, as we had mentioned above that the Library folder, System Preferences and web browsers usually contain several files and settings which belonging to MegaBackup. To totally erase them from the PC, it is necessary to conduct the removing steps below:
- Click on the Apple icon on the top menu bar, and click on System Preferences
- Select Accounts – Login Items
- Click “–” button next to MegaBackup
- Delete MegaBackup’s extensions and add-on on every web browser on your Mac, or you can choose to reset the browser, but please remember to save your bookmarks beforehand.
If this is the only way you guys know to remove MegaBackup, it is also a troublesome task for many of you, especially for the Mac newbie, because they should take much of time to finish all of manual steps, which is really time-consuming to complete. So, if you are not willing to take such a manual removal for the application, the following method will offer you a much easier uninstallation solution.
What’s the easier way to remove MegaBackup more effectively?
Mac app uninstall tool is a kind of professional product that can handle the app removal under OS X, the payable uninstaller can do much better than the manual removal on the computer, and the most important is the complete and automated removal by the utility can avoid many troubles and further issues on the machine.
Have no idea about choosing such an uninstaller for Mac? MacKeeper is the one that contains many optimized features for the computer, which also including uninstall MegaBackup and other apps you don’t want.
- Open MacKeeper on your Mac, click on ADVANCED TOOLS if you cannot find the uninstall utility on the left pane
- Click on Smart Uninstaller on the list, and you will see all the application installed on your Mac, if the programs do not reveal completely, please click on Scan button to refresh the list.
- Select MegaBackup on the box, make sure you select all of associated components it present to you
- Click on the Remove button at the bottom to uninstall MegaBackup
- Done! The program has been removed completely on your Mac
In this way of removal, you don’t need to do such annoying removing steps like clear the web browsers, manually checking and deleting files in Library, and Login Items on the System Preferences. So, it will be more convenient and much faster to remove MegaBackup from the macOS.